December Currently

It's that time again and I couldn't be more excited to link up with Farley from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for her monthly currently linky.  

Can I ramble for a moment and talk about how much I LOVE this time of year.  The decorations, the twinkling Christmas tree, the cookies, the gift giving.  It is just a magical time.  If I could leave my Christmas tree up all year and it would be acceptable I would.  I just love how cozy it makes the house feel.  I feel like this year is extra special because we were able to decorate our new house for the first time.  

Alright, enough rambling, let's get on with the Currently. 


Listening: Morning time is my favorite time because the house is so quiet and I get to have some "me" time.  I'm currently enjoying my oatmeal and listening to some Christmas music.  It's wonderful!

Loving: LOVING that we can share our wonderful news that Baby Schuda is due in June.  Kenny and I are so excited and it's been hard to keep this a secret.  It's been so fun sharing our news with everyone.  After the holidays I look forward to decorating the nursery.  We are going to keep it neutral because we are going to keep the gender a surprise!  I already have my eye on this adorable elephant bedding.  :)


Thinking: I want to try Elf on a Shelf next year in my classroom.  I am loving all these posts about Elf on a Shelf and I have never done it.  What a cute way to celebrate the month!

Wanting: I have a confession.  I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.  This weekend I plan to do some damage.  I still have time, right?!

Needing: I'm so excited one of my favorite guilty pleasures has started again, and I can't wait to watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  Oh the drama!

Real or Faux: My Hubby really tried to convince me to get a real tree this year for the new house, but I just couldn't.  I'm so afraid that something could go wrong.  Although the smell is wonderful.  Maybe next year we will try it.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my Currently.  I hope you have a wonderful month and enjoy the holiday season! 



11 comments

  1. Congrats on your news. I will be an aunt next year and this is exciting. Also, I am listening to Christmas music too as a soothful way to start soon.

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine! We are so excited! How exciting that you will be an aunt next year. Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your little one! I am so impressed that you can wait to find out! :) That is too hard for me! :) Have fun decorating the nursery!
    Katie
    Inquiring Our Way Through Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! We will hopefully be able to hold out, haha. I hope you have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the baby! Next year you will have the opposite problem. I have a one year old and I cannot STOP Christmas shopping.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good to know! Thank you, we are so excited!

      Delete
  4. I can hardly stand how cute you are with your little bump! And don't stress on the Christmas shopping...I've hardly done any either! I've never done the Elf on a Shelf but last year, we did the Kindness Elf and loved it. I plan on bringing him back next week. :)
    Hugs, friend!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you sweet friend! I think I will feel better once I do some shopping this weekend. Your idea of a Kindess Elf sounds adorable, I love it! Enjoy the rest of your week!

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you!!! Such a magical time in your life. Hope you are feeling good :)
    Enjoy your new house and get some rest while you can...lol

    Carrie
    Adventures In Kinder and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie! We are thrilled. The queasiness has started to subside and I feel like I"m start to get some of my energy back. Have a good rest of your week! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness!!!! I am so thrilled for you!!!! That is great, what a fun 2016 you are going to have!!!

    ReplyDelete