Five for Friday: Back to School Fever

Well, I certainly know it is back to school time because I have started my nightly toss and turn routine.  I just can't seem to turn my brain off.  Even the notepad by the nightstand idea isn't cutting it because as soon as I write down one thought another one takes its place.  Oh man, please tell me I'm not alone in this?!  I am excited to be linking up with Doodle Bug's Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday.  It's the last one before school starts....EEKKK!! :)





This year I decided to stick with the Superhero theme for my classroom.  It was a big hit last year with my kiddos, so I hope this new group loves it too.  

This year I created my alphabet and number posters to hang up in my room.  They are part of my SuperKids Themed Classroom Pack.  It's one thing to create a product on the computer, but when you see it come to life, it's a whole new level.  It makes my heart happy!  I love this TpT adventure!





With the help of my wonderful Husband and Dad I was able to make the crate chairs I have been eyeing on Pinterest.  Once I purchased all the supplies it was relatively easy to assemble.  I'm so thankful for their help.  I am excited to have these in my classroom.  I think they will be special seats for my kids to sit and read or work on activities.  I started with 3, but if it goes well I might ask for their help again to make a few more. 


Speaking of the Hubby helping.  I have such a wonderful and supportive Husband.  He not only helps me assemble furniture, but after a long days work he also lends a hand and cuts out some laminating for me.  Love him! 





Have a mentioned that I love, am obsessed with my laminator?!  It was the best $20 I spent.  I've turned into a laminating queen.  It's going to be handy to have this throughout the year when I want to make new literacy and math centers.  Plus, I love how hard the plastic is.  I think it makes the pieces really durable.  I swear I am not getting a cut from promoting these bad boys. ;)  





So I took the plunge and attempted another Periscope broadcast.  Holy hot mess!!  Kudos to all those amazing ladies out there like Ashley Schroeder, Angie, Meg from A New Box of Crayons, and Sheila Jane Teaching because those ladies make it look so effortless.  I watch their broadcasts and I'm amazed at how well spoken they are as well as entertaining.  I just love their Periscopes.  I'm pretty much the complete opposite.  I fumble over my words, I'm monotone, and I can't quite figure out how to flip the camera and not have the awkward side angle shot of the wall!  I might just stick to viewing Periscope! ;)



HIP, HIP, HOORAY!! I'm done with Grad School.  I took my last four classes this summer, and although I thought I was out of my mind at the time I am so glad to be, DONE, DONE, DONE!  I will definitely miss going to school, (I love to learn), and knowing me I will probably still take a class here or there, but it is such an amazing feeling to not have to take any more classes if I don't want to. 


Well, that wraps up my week.  I hope everyone has had a great week as well as you plan, prepare, and start your school year.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Weekend!




19 comments

  1. Congrats on finishing grad school! Such a great feeling to finally be done. :) What will you do with all the free time you have now that you don't have to write papers, study, or do projects? Enjoy!

    Melissa
    Real Life in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. Haha, I know. I'm excited to be able to concentrate on my family and friends, teaching, and the blogging and TpT world. Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! They were easy to assemble once we had all the materials. I think I want to make more, haha. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I am making those very crate seats too! Hopefully I will finish mine this weekend...I have all the supplies just not the motivation! And that laminator is the bee's knees. If you buy the laminating sheets from Amazon, its a GREAT deal, so definitely check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to see yours. Oh my goodness thanks for the tip for laminating sheets. I am obsessed. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I don't know what I would do without my laminator...5 mm...every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, seriously?! I just love it. I should have gotten one sooner.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on finishing grade school... you must be so happy it's over!! I love my laminator as well. The only problem is I feel like I spend hours every Sunday cutting out new materials for my classroom!! Best wishes for your first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a great feeling to be done. I could definitely see myself getting into the same habit. Thanks for stopping by, have a great start to your school year.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on finishing your degree! It's a good feeling for sure! I have thought about making those crate chairs for several years now. Yours look great and who can't use a little extra storage space. I still have a couple of weeks of summer left, so maybe......I'm retiring in a year or two so sooner would be better than later!
    Always Primary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I highly recommend doing the crate chairs. They were easy to assemble and I think the kiddos will really enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. Your blog is so cute! I went to your Periscope, but didn't see your video. I'm sure it was great!

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, you are so sweet thank you! I think they expire after 24 hours. Thanks for attempting to check it out though I appreciate the support. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. You created some awesome classroom decor! I had to create my own stuff too, since it's pretty hard to find dragon-themed decor out there!! I LOVE your crate chairs, I've been wanting to try making them! I just got my own Scotch laminator this year, but haven't used it yet! Congratulations on finishing grad school, that's such a huge accomplishment and important milestone!
    Thanks so much for sharing your 5 with us my friend! I hope you have a wonderful week and that both of us are able to get up and head to work on Monday!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! As you know, it is really fun to put up and admire your hard work live. I'm warning you, if you pull out your laminator you won't stop laminating, haha. Thank you! It's a great feeling to be done. Thanks for stopping by and your wonderful support as always. I hope you have a wonderful weekend friend!

      Delete
  9. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't turn off their brain! I carry a post-it notepad with me everywhere I go! :) Congrats on finishing grad school! What a huge accomplishment! Good luck with the start of your school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that Courtney. I have been so restless lately and just can't turn it off. That's a great idea to carry the post-it notepad with you. Thank you! I'm really excited to be done. Have a wonderful start to your school year! :)

      Delete
  10. THOSE CRATES!!! So cute! Congratulations on being done with Grad school!!!!! Such great accomplishment!
    Magically in First

    ReplyDelete