Five for Friday

Happy Friday Friends!  


I am excited to recap my week with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday. 






I stumbled upon this quote on Pinterest and I just love it.  I have said it time and time again, but I am so thankful for the connections I have made through this TpT/blogging journey.  We are all in this journey together and when we have the opportunity to support and encourage one another it is inspiring.  A big shout out to my blogging buddy Jayme from Teach, Talk, Inspire.  If you haven't checked out her blog or store you should!  She is so talented and I have learned so much from her.  I appreciate our conversations and her support.  




This week one of my grad class assignments was to explore a collaboration tool to use with your students.  I decided to look into Kidblog.  It seems easy to use and I want to explore using it with my kiddos this year.  I think it would be a fun way to tie technology into my lessons, or I thought about using it as a homework activity where parents could connect with our learning.  Has anyone used Kidblog before?  Any tips and advice?




Have you seen these cute Pals?  I made this Pal using Polka Dots and Pals's "Create a Pal" pack.  I love it!  Lauren includes tons of options to create your own Pal and it is really easy to do! I highly recommend it!  



This week I got some really fun mail.  A+ Images, Inc. is giving away free, yes you read that right FREE tshirts to teacher bloggers.  Be sure to go to their website to check it out.  I will wear my blogger shirt proudly because I love this journey!






Before I sign off for the weekend I am excited to share that it is my birthday on Saturday.  I am turning the big 3-2 and I am excited to celebrate.  So far my thirties have been a great time in my life and I am excited to see what this year will bring.  To celebrate, my whole store is 20% off through the weekend.  

Thanks for taking the time to read through my Five for Friday.  Be sure to check out Doodle Bugs Teaching to read other recaps.  

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!  

15 comments

  1. I love the idea of kidblog! I'm going to have to brainstorm some ways to incorporate it in K, because our school is very tech centered.
    Natalie Lynn
    Collaborating in Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Early Birthday! I am following your post because I just learned about KidBlog too. I wanted to see if it would be practical to use in the classroom as well. :-) Your Pal is super cute. Creating my own right now! :-)

    Thanks for sharing
    ~Karyn
    Teaching in Bows Pearls and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karyn! Can't wait to see your Pal! :) Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Liked finding the pal. And Happy Birthday! See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the quotes you used! I feel the same exact way about this community, such a blessing! Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your weekend! :) Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristen, I hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  5. Ooooh, kidblog. I'm intrigued! I'd love to hear how it goes if you decide to try it in kinder. I am also a worrier. I've been working really hard on trying to let things go when I can't control the outcome. Have a WONDERFUL birthday!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, I will definitely let you know. Thank you! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. I too am so thankful for this blogging/TPTing community! I have enjoyed getting to connect with so many people. I can be a worrier myself. My mantra has been let go and let God! It has helped me though alot over the last few years. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason!
    Thanks for sharing about kidblog I a going to check it out!!
    I hope you have a fabulous birthday Diana!!!
    Jill
    Chevronandcenters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, I love your mantra! Thank you and I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday for Saturday! Hope you have a great time! Sounds like you've had a great week! I love being able to connect with new people too! The create a pal pack is just lush - i love it! So cute and with so many opportunities!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Early Birthday to You!!! I hope you are able to have an incredibly amazing day!! I love your Pal, you did a great job creating her!! Your mantra is so perfect!! I have often used that line from 'The Help', "You is good. You is kind. You is important." Sometimes I need that reminder! I can't wait to hear about your journey with kidsblog, I had never heard of it before and it sounds great!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete