I am happy to have stumbled upon the Weekend Warrior link up and I am excited to join the party. Thank you to the fabulous bloggers who organize this monthly link up.
I have been loving these summer days because it gives me the chance to blog more and connect with fellow bloggers. The topic for this month is all about getting to know each other better. I am excited to share some facts about myself. Here we go...
1. I love Kindergarten. I feel so lucky to be in this grade level. My first year of teaching I taught 3rd grade and it was fun, but after I got transferred into Kindergarten I knew my heart was at this grade level. I love the age of the kiddos, I love their enthusiasm for learning, and I love watching them grow throughout the year. The progress they make from August until June is astonishing and I love watching it. Now don't get me wrong, those first 25 days of teaching are tough with these kiddos. There are a lot of days where the whole room is crying, (myself included), but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
2. School supplies make me happy. I would rather not see them in June, but when August rolls around I love walking up and down the aisles of Target or Office Max and looking at all the new supplies. It feels like Christmas. I tend to overbuy in color pens and markers. I have jars all around my classroom and at home. I cannot get enough and just when I think I have enough I buy some more, what can I say, I like having options! :)
3. I feel fortunate to do a job that I love. I always tell my students that my door is always open for them. I love when old students come to visit. The best is when we have Open House and older siblings that are now out of the building come down to see me. It is fun to stay connected and watch as they move throughout the grades. I will forever be their cheerleaders and they will always be in my heart.
1. For anyone that follows me on Instagram you will notice that I take quite a few pics of either my coffee mug or ice cream. (at this moment I think the hashtag #cantstopwontstop would be appropriate ;)) I can't get enough. I do not feel normal until I have my first cup of coffee. Is it bad that one of the first thoughts that pops into my head after I wake up is that I get to make a cup of coffee?! Now, onto my other favorite obsession: ice cream! I feel as though if there was an ice cream queen title I could be a close runner up. My favorite flavor changes often and I am a happy camper as long as there is chocolate involved. I have even dragged the Hubby on the dark side and he will encourage ice cream runs after dinner.
2. My jewelry of choice are bracelets and watches. After my first year of teaching I rewarded myself with a Michael Kors watch and I have never looked back. Arm candy is a must in my book! I have always had my eye on the Alex and Ani bracelets and I was thrilled when my kiddos gave me two for my end of the year gift. I can see how the collection quickly grows, they are addicting!
1. One of the items on my bucket list is to move into a house. We currently live in a townhouse and as much as I love this house, it would be wonderful to have a little more space. Not to mention a backyard. We have two dogs, Mario and Joey, and we want a fenced in backyard for them to be able to run and play. Hopefully someday soon this dream will become a reality! :)
I appreciate you taking the time to read through my Weekend Warrior: Summertime Edition. I am happy I had the chance to link up with these wonderful bloggers. Be sure to check out Primarily Speaking to read more great posts and get to know the blogging community a little bit better.