3-2-1 Teacher Bio: Weekend Warriors

I am happy to have stumbled upon the Weekend Warrior link up and I am excited to join the party.  Thank you to the fabulous bloggers who organize this monthly link up.  

I have been loving these summer days because it gives me the chance to blog more and connect with fellow bloggers.  The topic for this month is all about getting to know each other better.  I am excited to share some facts about myself.  Here we go...


1.  I love Kindergarten.  I feel so lucky to be in this grade level.  My first year of teaching I taught 3rd grade and it was fun, but after I got transferred into Kindergarten I knew my heart was at this grade level.  I love the age of the kiddos, I love their enthusiasm for learning, and I love watching them grow throughout the year.  The progress they make from August until June is astonishing and I love watching it.  Now don't get me wrong, those first 25 days of teaching are tough with these kiddos.  There are a lot of days where the whole room is crying, (myself included), but I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

2.  School supplies make me happy.  I would rather not see them in June, but when August rolls around I love walking up and down the aisles of Target or Office Max and looking at all the new supplies.  It feels like Christmas.  I tend to overbuy in color pens and markers.  I have jars all around my classroom and at home.  I cannot get enough and just when I think I have enough I buy some more, what can I say, I like having options! :)

3.  I feel fortunate to do a job that I love.  I always tell my students that my door is always open for them.  I love when old students come to visit.  The best is when we have Open House and older siblings that are now out of the building come down to see me.  It is fun to stay connected and watch as they move throughout the grades.  I will forever be their cheerleaders and they will always be in my heart.  


1.  For anyone that follows me on Instagram you will notice that I take quite a few pics of either my coffee mug or ice cream. (at this moment I think the hashtag #cantstopwontstop would be appropriate ;))  I can't get enough.  I do not feel normal until I have my first cup of coffee.  Is it bad that one of the first thoughts that pops into my head after I wake up is that I get to make a cup of coffee?! Now, onto my other favorite obsession: ice cream!  I feel as though if there was an ice cream queen title I could be a close runner up.  My favorite flavor changes often and I am a happy camper as long as there is chocolate involved.  I have even dragged the Hubby on the dark side and he will encourage ice cream runs after dinner. 

2.  My jewelry of choice are bracelets and watches.  After my first year of teaching I rewarded myself with a Michael Kors watch and I have never looked back.  Arm candy is a must in my book!  I have always had my eye on the Alex and Ani bracelets and I was thrilled when my kiddos gave me two for my end of the year gift.  I can see how the collection quickly grows, they are addicting!  


1.  One of the items on my bucket list is to move into a house.  We currently live in a townhouse and as much as I love this house, it would be wonderful to have a little more space.  Not to mention a backyard.  We have two dogs, Mario and Joey, and we want a fenced in backyard for them to be able to run and play.  Hopefully someday soon this dream will become a reality! :)

I appreciate you taking the time to read through my Weekend Warrior: Summertime Edition.  I am happy I had the chance to link up with these wonderful bloggers.  Be sure to check out Primarily Speaking to read more great posts and get to know the blogging community a little bit better. 

Happy Sunday!



19 comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you linked up with us this month, Diana! Isn't Kindergarten the best!? We just sort of know that's where we were meant to be. I love seeing old students as they grow, too. I hope you get into that dream house soon!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, what a fun linky! I'm so glad I found it. Kindergarten is truly the best, I just adore it. Thanks for your kind words. Can't wait to link up again. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't imagine teaching another grade other than first! I'm a colored pen and coffee addict too :) I hope you find your dream home soon! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thanks for your kind words. I think it's so important when teachers find their love of a grade level and stick with it. When you love what you do it changes the way you teach. I'm glad I am not alone on the colored pen and coffee addiction, it's always fun to find a member of the group. Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Your kindergarteners are so lucky to have you! And I totally agree on school supply shopping. It is the best!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deirdre, I can tell by reading your post that your kiddos are lucky to have you as well. I just love our little blogging community. Thanks for hosting such a fun linky, I'll be back next month! Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. I think Kindergarten teachers have a special place in heaven - thank goodness someone else can do it :) Love bracelets too!

    Slainte,
    ☘ Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, you are sweet, thank you for saying that. Haha, we always say that Kindergarten is unlike any grade whenever we talk about school wide topics. Thanks for stopping by I appreciate you taking the time to read through my post! Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. I'm with you, I can't imagine teaching any other grade than kindergarten! I LOVE it so much!! I too have an obsession with colored pens and markers, the Papermate Flair pens are my favorite so far but I'm always looking for new ones to add to my collection! I think there's nothing quite as awesome as a new box of crayons or markers! :-) I too agree that once you've been a part of my classroom you shall evermore be a part of my heart!
    I had a really great time reading about you and I'm so glad you shared with us! I hope that you are able to move into your dream house soon! Have a wonderful week!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved meeting you this weekend! I admire Kinder teachers so much! As a first grade teacher for two years, I totally get it. I also have a love for school supplies. It's so fun, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it was great to meet you too Crystal. I can't wait to do it again soon! School supplies just make me happy, haha! Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. What a great post! I can tell you just love Kindergarten! My little one just finished up her year in kinder, and you are right, they grow so much. I have an addiction to colored pens and markers too. I often find that I have to talk myself out of buying more because I already have so many. Haha! I hope you transition from the town house to a larger house someday soon! Thanks for linking up with us for Weekend Warriors this month!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I am not alone with my addiction, it always makes me feel better to know there are others out there! Thanks for hosting such a fun linky, I will definitely be a returning link up. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. So excited to have found your blog through the Weekend Warriors linky. Definitely have a new follower! I have to admit I now have an obsession with watches and bracelets. My kinder team says they can always hear me walking down the hall with my bracelets and jewelry. I'm excited to read more.
    -Marisa
    Yee-haw in Kinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marissa, aw you are so sweet! Thank you for the follow, after I type this I am going to check out your blog. Haha, that's too funny, my team would probably say the same about me.

      Delete
  9. Diana, it was such a pleasure reading your BIO and feeling like we have a ton in common! I too am addicted to all things coffee and would be a HOT MESS if my day did not begin with a HOT cup of JOE! And I love your passions for teaching. I love this teaching blog community so much because we value our jobs so much!
    Thank you for joining our linky and be sure to join the Weekend Warriors next month!
    Mrs. DiBenedetto's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad I found this linky and can't wait to join in next month! :)

      Delete
  10. Beginning of the year kindergarten is no joke! It seems I always forget just how little the kids are when they come in, but somehow they always leave mature and independent first graders. Good luck with your dream home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine teaching any other grade as well! There is something so special about those kinders!! I enjoyed reading your bio and getting to know you a little better! I hope you get to move to your dream house very soon!!!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete