Currently-April

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for April's Currently.  


Listening- As I type up this blog post I am sitting next to my hubby hearing him laugh at the movie, "This is 40!"  We love Paul Rudd!  It is always relaxing to turn on a familiar comedy and have a good laugh.

Loving- I am LOVING spring break!  This break came at the perfect time.  I am currently in two grad classes, on a few committees, and finishing up report cards.  I feel as though I am going in every direction.  This week was nice to just chill with the hubby. We flew down to Arizona to catch the tail end of the White Sox Spring Training.  Sunshine, relaxation, and baseball with my favorite guy is exactly what I needed in my life right now.  When we were not at baseball games we took some time to hike and explore Arizona. 



Thinking- As spring break quickly comes to an end I am reminded of my to-do list that seems to be never ending.  Of course I did not get to everything that I wanted to this spring break.  I just keep trying to remind myself that it is okay, it always gets down one way or another, right?!

Wanting- ICE CREAM!  I gave up sweets for Lent.  I can take or leave candy, cake, and chocolate, but I have been wanting my ice cream!  Can you guess what I will be eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Sunday! ;)

Needing- I've been missing my buddy, Mario!  I need a cuddle from him!  While we are on vacation he is at his Granny's getting spoiled.  I'm sure he has had tons of food and squeaky balls.  He is a funny guy because once the squeaker is worn out he refuses to play with the tennis ball.  I think my mom has invested in stock at Target to replenish her never ending supply of tennis balls. I can't wait to see him!  

EGGS-PLAIN YOUR NAME- I have always loved sharing my stories about my day with five year olds with my family and friends.  They have always told me that I should write a book about all the funny things they say. When I finally got serious about starting a blog and a TpT store, "My Day in K" just kind of came to me. My intention is to share my day to day adventures with my favorite kiddos and I think the name sums that up well.  

Well, that wraps up my Currently April.  I hope everyone's April has been off to a great start! Until next time. :)





15 comments

  1. I enjoyed your post! I love baseball and I am also on Spring Beak. I will be going to the RedSox/Phillies Game during opening week! Enjoy the rest of your Break!

    Cindy
    mrspriceskindergators.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! Oh how fun, I love baseball, opening week is always so exciting! Enjoy your spring break! :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your post! I love baseball and I am also on Spring Beak. I will be going to the RedSox/Phillies Game during opening week! Enjoy the rest of your Break!

    Cindy
    mrspriceskindergators.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those darn to-do lists! Glad you got some relaxation over your break though! Enjoy what's left of it!
    LeAnne
    Hangin' with Mrs. Cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnne! Have a great weekend. :)

      Delete
  4. Your pictures from Arizona look amazing! I'm so glad you are enjoying your break. The to-do list will get done, it always does! Enjoy your trip, have so much fun!

    Jayme
    Teach Talk Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayme, it's been fun to get away! Happy Spring Break to you! Enjoy. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey there! I am so jealous of your AZ trip. I used to live there and we always looked forward to spring training! Hope you're feeling refreshed as you make your way back to IL and back to the classroom!
    Michelle
    Good, Good Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, we love AZ. This is our second time doing the spring training trip, it's relaxing and fun! There is so much to do here. We were talking about how it would be fun to retire out here some day! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm on spring break as well! THANK GOODNESS! What kind of ice cream is your favorite? I reentry tried a limited edition batch of Peanut Butter Cookie Dough ice cream from Ben & Jerry's and OH--EM-GEE! I can't find it anywhere now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, that sounds delicious. I pretty much like it all. My favorite go to is usually mint chocolate chip, but I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Enjoy your spring break! :)

      Delete
  7. My want is similar - a popsicle or slush, just something cold! Your spring break pictures look great! Hope you had a good one!! Enjoy the weekend!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle, that sounds delicious too! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Spring Break! Here in Massachusetts, we have a week off in February and another later in April.

    Ice cream...yum! Our local Dairy Queen just opened, and temptation is at its highest!

    In my seventh year of teaching, and I have just begun writing down the funny things my third graders say. :)

    Rachel
    thirdgradecupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, that's neat the way you split up your breaks. This year our school calendar has a break for spring break in April and then we do not have another day off until Memorial day. I taught third grade one year before I moved to Kindergarten. That was a fun grade too! I loved how I could be sarcastic with them and they got it. Have a great week! :)

      Delete